Importance Of Staging
A Vacant Home
* Vacant homes sit on the market longer than even poorly furnished homes.
* Vacant homes appear cold, sterile, small and boxy.
* With no frame of reference in the form of furniture and accessories, a buyer is lost as to the size and purpose of each room. Vacant homes look smaller than homes that are furnished.
* Potential buyers’ imaginations are kept in the dark. For home sellers, that is a very bad place to be. We know that only 10% of buyers have the capacity to visualize the potential of a home.
* When homes are vacant, the sellers will appear desperate to sell quickly; thus, offers will be considerably lower than the asking price.
* Flaws in the home become extremely obvious and will make for a very poor first impression.
* The first price reduction will be far more costly than the cost of staging.